SubjectRe: New subsystems: Ultra-Wideband radio, Wireless USB and WiMedia LLC Protocol
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:17:36PM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of the Ultra-Wideband (UWB) radio, Certified Wireless
> USB (WUSB) and WiMedia LLC Protocol (WLP) subsystems. These are now in
> a state were I consider them suitable for inclusion into the kernel.
>
> UWB is a new high speed, short range radio technology (480 Mbit/s at 1
> m, 53.3 Mbit/s at 10 m). The specifications are freely available and
> are managed by the WiMedia Alliance. For more information see
> http://www.wimedia.org/.
>
> Various protocols run on top of the UWB radio: Certified Wireless USB
> (WUSB); WiMedia LLC Protocol (WLP), for IP (etc) networks; and (in the
> future) high speed Bluetooth.
>
> The code is some 35,000 lines so I won't be posting it to this list but
> you can view the patch set here:
>
> http://www.davidvrabel.org.uk/~david/linux/uwb/
>
> Or you can pull the changes from the uwb branch of
>
> git://pear.davidvrabel.org.uk/git/uwb.git
>
> (Please don't clone the entire tree from here as I have very limited
> bandwidth.)

If this is an issue, I think you can use the --reference option to
git-clone when creating the tree to reference an external tree (like
Linus's). That way you don't have the whole tree on your server for
stuff like this.

> Or you can view the patches in the linux-usb archive here:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/8715
>
> The vast majority of the code forms part of the new UWB, WUSB, and WLP
> subsystem with no impact on the rest of the kernel. It has all been
> posted to the linux-usb list and has been reviewed there.

Well, it's been reviewed in parts, I didn't review this last version as
I stopped after the first two patches :)

> For a wider review, I will follow up with the 2 minor patches that add
> some simple infrastructure.

These are the ones that need to be approved by the wider lkml audience
before we get the rest of the tree in.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2008-08-21 17:49    [W:0.120 / U:0.352 seconds]