SubjectRe: [GIT]: Networking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 05:42:33AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> >
> > again, my current understanding was that updates to the documentation
> > that would help people to navigate and understand the kernel better and
> > make it easier for them to do bug reports etc. are always welcome and
> > should be pushed immediately. Same goes for new drivers that would
> > enable people to use their hardware.
>
> This is my (current) understanding as well. If that is not the case,
> then someone should clarify.

Guys, which part of "it wasn't any individual commit" didn' you
understand?

Why are you concentrating on one documentation commit that I didn't even
point to?

But that said - no, I don't think there is any reason to even push
documentation commits, unless there is a real and pressing reason (ie the
documentation is really important or will really matter from a future
merge standpoint). I generally won't complain about them, but I also don't
see the point.

I'd _much_ rather see you guys queue it up for future merges.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-08-20 17:35    [W:0.065 / U:0.120 seconds]