    SubjectRe: ACPI OSI disaster on latest HP laptops - critical temperature shutdown
    Hi everyone,

    (please Cc or leave linux-acpi on the recipient list, thanks)

    sorry to chime in so late, but I am experiencing something similar: My
    Acer TravelMate 3012 sometimes shuts down at the boot sequence telling
    me something like "critical temperature" (more I cannot read, it is
    quite fast in turning of the laptop.

    That happens at strange times (couldn't find a pattern), and after being
    switched off for hours, so the laptop is definitely not hot.

    Using 2.6.27-rc1, but I am relatively sure that I had similar things in
    the past.

    There something else strange, no idea if that is related, sometimes it
    just hangs after
    Setting the clock.
    That is a message of Debian/sid and probably calls hwclock or something

    If all that is something else, sorry for disturbing.

    If you need .config, dmesg, acpidump, dmidecode, whatever, let me know.

    Best wishes

    Dr. Norbert Preining <> Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer <> Debian TeX Group
    You step in the stream,
    But the water has moved on.
    This page is not here.
    --- Windows Error Haiku

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-02 16:47    [W:0.020 / U:135.312 seconds]