SubjectRe: [GIT]: Networking
On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 14:21 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> But it doesn't fix the time delegation problem.
>
> There is always this "oh crap, I just spent 3 months doing nothing
> but fixing bugs" feeling a lot of us core folks get right before
> the merge window opens up.
>
> So instead of getting the best work from the best people we have,
> we get this last minute flurry of development in the days leading
> up to the merge window openning up.

So, not to add fuel to a fire that seems to be calming down, but what is
so wrong with having that feeling? If the core people are spending 3
months doing nothing but fixing bugs, the I consider that to _be_ the
best work from the best people.

Bugs happen and it's not really worth debating over how they got into
the tree to begin with because it happens in a number of different ways.
However, if it takes 3 months of bug fixing to get a tree in shape then
I don't see how that's a problem at all. Personally, I'd rather take a
relatively bug free tree over new shiny features on top of a buggy as
hell tree.

Call me old fashioned.

josh

  Last update: 2008-08-20 04:29    [W:0.082 / U:39.624 seconds]