SubjectAwkward rfkill corner cases
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:32:14PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> Then, I have no futher comments. Looks good to me.

Excellent, glad I've got that right.

One completely unrelated question. In the following situation (relevant
to Dells, not the Eee)

* The system has a key (not a switch) that in firmware disables the
hardware (HARD_BLOCKED)
* That key generates an event through the keyboard controller, but not
through any other obviously detectable means
* The radio control is also controllable through software (SOFT_BLOCKED)

Should pressing the key generate a KEY_WLAN event?

I note that rfkill-input will, if the device is in HARD_BLOCKED state,
attempt to set it to UNBLOCKED. This sounds like generating the keycode
is the wrong thing to do, since it'll cause rfkill-input to try to undo
the change that's just been made. However, if the key isn't mapped
there's no obvious way for any of the stack to determine that a change
has been made and propagate that to userspace. What should we be doing
here?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

  Last update: 2008-08-20 03:45    [W:0.135 / U:19.976 seconds]