SubjectRe: [malware-list] TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
Press, Jonathan wrote:
> [...]
Scanning on open should be a last resort. Scan in advance when you can.
Of course, removable media cannot be scanned until it is inserted and
mounted,
that is obvious. The scanning can start as soon as the filesystem is
mounted though,
there is no reason to wait until users try to access something.

A CD inserted into a CD-server may not necessarily be needed immediately, so
scanning in advance will help here too. The user inserting a CD in a home
computer may start to use stuff right away, or perhaps he spends
some time reading the docs before a complicated install. Sill room for some
scanning in advance, which also may end up with the nice effect of
caching the CD.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2008-08-18 12:11    [W:0.141 / U:0.044 seconds]