SubjectRe: [malware-list] TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
Press, Jonathan wrote:
> [...]
Everything is "dirty" again when AV sw restarts.
> - New infection makes it onto the machine before the signatures have
> caught up with it. This also happens. There is an ongoing PR race
> among AV vendors about who was faster on the draw to get out signatures
> to detect some new malware. The fact that this race exists reflects
> that reality that there is some window during which new malware will
> make it onto some number of machines before the scanners catch up.

And when new signatures arrive, everything is dirty again. Well, you can
optimize
and say that everything only need to be checked with the new signatures,
since they passed the old ones already. Maybe that helps performance a
little.

The "clean" concept works fine, just make sure dirtying happens in all these
extra cases.

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2008-08-18 12:05    [W:0.150 / U:0.048 seconds]