SubjectRe: Warning in during hotplug on 2.6.27-rc2-git5
Date
On Sunday, 17 of August 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > Hm, sysfs hasn't changed any in 2.6.27-rcX that I know of.
> >
> > mce hasn't either in this regard. My current theory is that the CPU
> > up/down notifiers are not balanced anymore (as in duplicated up events)
>
> It doesn't look like this is the case. Moreover, had that been the case, we'd
> have had many reports from people doing suspend/hibernation, but it doesn't
> happen.
>
> I think that cpu_down() fails for some reason and that causes the subsequent
> onlining to fail.

Well, no. If my understanding of the CPU hotplug code is correct, this is not
possible.

The next possibility is that for some 'i' mce_attributes[i] is NULL, although
there are non-NULL values for some j > i. In that case, mce_remove_device()
would fail to remove device_mce for given CPU and the subsequent
mce_create_device() would cause the observed failure.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-08-17 21:23    [W:0.037 / U:0.428 seconds]