    SubjectRe: [malware-list] TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
    On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:44:33PM -0700, wrote:
    > could you do something like defining a namespace inside posix attributes
    > and then setting up a mechanism in the kernel to alert if the attributes
    > change (with the entire namespace getting cleared if the file gets
    > dirtied)?

    According to Eric Paris the clean/dirty state is only stored in
    memory. We could use the extended attribute interface as a way of not
    defining a new system call, or some other interface, but I'm not sure
    it's such a great match given that the extended attributes interface
    are designed for persistent data.

    I agree that doesn't actually work very well for the tracker use case,
    where you the clean/dirty bit to be persistent (in case the tracker is
    disabled due to the fact you are running on battery, for example, and
    then you reboot).

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-08-15 04:07    [W:0.021 / U:0.152 seconds]