Subjectre: libmalware.so: Dazuko Linux/BSD On-Access scanning and control
(FYI. Dazuko may have trailblazed some of the issues now under
discussion re: libmalware.so. It has worked well for me. It used to be
an LKM, it is now a source patch. It is used in a number of commercial
products)

<http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>

"A Virtual Device Driver to Allow Online File Access Control

A common interface is needed, which allows userland applications to
perform online file access control. Dazuko aims to provide that interface."

FWIW, I'm not associated with Dazuko or Antivir; I've been happily using
Dazuko with AntiVir for a year or so.

1. AntiVir includes numerous Linux signatures as well as Windows. So I
scan both 'ix downloads, as well as the process of compiling new software.

2. Other AntiMalwares are using Dazuko, though many are scanning for
Windows malware only.

3. The AntiVir/Dazuko combination with full heuristics has blocked
access to clearly dangerous JS scripts in my browser cache.

4. IMHO, what is needed is a Dazuko or libmalware/Integrity database
link. If an md5 of an executable or script is new or has changed, access
is blocked 'til a response to a popup is given. Access can be blocked;
one-time allowed; or permanently allowed, in which case the md5 is updated.

Hope This Helps.

  Last update: 2008-08-13 20:51    [W:0.256 / U:0.332 seconds]