SubjectRe: reiser4 for 2.6.27-rc1
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:24:58AM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org> wrote:

> >> Whats wrong with reiser4 name?
> >>
> >> Pavel
> >> (or am I feeding a troll?)
> >
> > Not wanting a new filesystem named after a convicted murderer is not
> > a trollish suggestion.
>
> Regardless of the murder conviction, I still believe that the guy
> should get credit for his work.

Other filesystems are usually not named after people, e.g. ext2 is not
named cardfs2 and jffs2 is not named woodhousefs.

> Reiserfs is a name that we all know of, regardless of how current we
> are with the news (although you'd have to be PRETTY far behind if you
> don't know about the crime)
>
> The current reiserfs filesystems aren't being renamed -- are they??
>
> Does it really hurt to keep his name there? I think it should just go as-is.

You can agree or disagree with Tim, but it's not a trollish suggestion.

> -Mike

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-08-13 15:39    [W:0.155 / U:0.212 seconds]