SubjectRE: PATCH: enable PAT at Pentium M 1.7 GHz

Yes. I am looking through the errata list to enable PAT on known to be good CPUs.

Unfortunately, system works fine with PAT enabled may not mean much right now.
As there are really no significant users of PAT yet. We have PAT WC enabled in
The kernel and PAT APIs exported for the drivers to use. But, unless there are
very many drivers using these PAT APIs we will not really hit the erratas for
the CPUs. Even after that, erratas are like corner cases which does not really
happen very often. So, it is best to go by the published errata list and to
disable PAT where there are known problems.

Thanks,
Venki

  Last update: 2008-08-12 01:33    [W:0.062 / U:0.076 seconds]