SubjectRe: tbench regression on each kernel release from 2.6.22 -> 2.6.28
Kok, Auke wrote:
> David Miller wrote:
>
>>From: Christoph Lameter <cl@linux-foundation.org>
>>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:33:43 -0500
>>

>>>Maybe what we are seeing is general bloat in kernel execution paths
>>>due to the growth in complexity?
>>
>>It could be, and any kind of analysis into this would be great.
>

> perhaps Rick Jones who maintains netperf could enlighten us on some historic
> numbers? he usually seems to be happy to prop up new netperf numbers :)

While this is an excellent opening to talk about how netperf
top-of-trunk can now emit keyword=value results easier (ostensibly) to
put into a database then the regular or even CSV output formats, I
cannot fully exploit it by pointing at a database of results :(

rick jones

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans