SubjectRe: tty: ctrl-c not always echoed, especially under load
> I am working up an echo buffer (fifo) that would hold these characters until
> they can be sent (if the write is not possible), but since that means they
> will arrive at the tty later, their interleaving within the application output
> stream is not guaranteed, which again is a problem for the column logic.
>
> I'm still looking into it - not trivial for sure...

First thought would be to simply fire all output through your buffer in
n_tty. It's not a performance critical bit of code and it would still be
fast as the usual case would be

if (queue->length == 0)
try_write_directly(...)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans