SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25.13

[ please keep people in CC: ]

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 01:22:35AM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> * Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:
>
> > I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch
> > between 2.6.25.12 and 2.6.25.13
>
> Given that the official patches are signed, how about signing such
> mails as well?

It would serve nothing and add more things to take care of on maintainers
side. Eventhough some parts are scripted, releasing a kernel is a tough
work with a long checklist. I'd prefer Greg to continue to release often
when he has good fixes than knowing he wastes his time ensuring everything
is ready to match everyone's specific expectations.

> I actually prefer such small diffs in comparison to keeping a copy of
> 2.6.X and applying the latest patch to it in order to update via a
> signed patch. (it's a policy thing.)

I tend to agree with your policy, but then you can simply download the
signed incremental diffs there :
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/incr/

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2008-08-01 07:23    [W:2.604 / U:0.968 seconds]