    SubjectRe: Deputy maintainer for powerpc
    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:44:31 -0500
    Kumar Gala <> wrote:

    > On Jul 4, 2008, at 1:02 AM, Paul Mackerras wrote:
    > > I'm going to be on vacation for the next two weeks, and it looks
    > > highly likely that Linus will open the 2.6.27 merge window during that
    > > time, so I'm appointing Ben Herrenschmidt as my deputy maintainer.
    > > During the next two weeks, he'll be the person collecting together any
    > > further powerpc-related commits that need to go upstream, and sending
    > > pull requests to Linus as necessary.
    > >
    > > This is the start of a longer-term transition which will ultimately
    > > result in me handing over the powerpc architecture maintainership to
    > > Ben. Because of various work commitments, this will be a gradual
    > > transition taking probably around 6 months.
    > >
    > > Paul.
    > Ben, Do you have a tree that you'll be using to collect things in?

    I hope it's the same tree for this merge window.

    In the future, I hope the semantics of the various branches of the
    new tree either stays the same, or comes with a detailed description of
    what branch means what (assuming there is a new tree at some point).

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-07 21:31    [W:0.027 / U:188.528 seconds]