SubjectRe: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"
> > And this is the pot calling the kettle black. You badly
> > broke Marvell PATA support by setting the Marvell SATA devices to AHCI. I
> > note you've still not fixed that after some months.
>
> Even if we accept that at face value, which I don't (it's more a driver
> load order issue), that is no excuse for further regressions.

So you are allowed to break stuff without fixing it (and driver load
order issue is not as far as I can tell the case - the AHCI stuff means
you lose the PATA port) but David isnt ?

How about we revert all the marvell changes - or would in truth be
another case where the good done for most (SATA AHCI support) outweighs
the bad for a few (PATA port problems) ?

Sorry Jeff but you don't get to jump up and down on David without being
reminded that your own actions are not consistent with your words.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-07-07 21:21    [W:0.166 / U:0.388 seconds]