SubjectRe: PIIX4: DMA timeout issue
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008, gshan wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> The IRQ routing issue has been fixed. IRQ routing system
>> on my board is somewhat complicated: i8259->mlba (FPGA based
>> PCI device)->MV64460(system controller). I forgot to set MV64460
>> IRQ pin to level sensitive and edge sensitive was used, which caused
>> interrupt lost finally. After changing this to level sensitive, everything
>> seems fine. Now, the problem isn't interrupt lost, but suspending DMA
>> operations.
>>

> Thanks for explaining this.
>

>>> Also is the problem still present in 2.6.26 or 2.6.27-rc1?
>>>
>>> [ I don't see an information about the kernel version that is
>>> being used in either of threads? ]
>>>

>> Sorry, I'm using 2.6.21 kernel.
>>

> Would be great to try with some recent one, the issue may have been
> fixed already (which is quite likely given a number of bugfixes that
> went in recent kernels).

I tried to searched in bugzilla.kernel.org and didn't find
there has fix on this issue. Yesterday, Jeff suggested me
to turn to ata driver for PIIX4. I tried this yesterday but still
have some problems to make PIIX4 workable under ata
driver. I will continue working on this today.

Gavin

> Thanks,
> Bart

  Last update: 2008-07-31 03:23    [W:0.077 / U:1.172 seconds]