SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86: use arch/x86/include
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi x86 guys.
>>
>> It turned out to be easy to enable um to use arch/x86/include so here
>> is a git pull.
>
> hm, we have a _ton_ of changes to include files queued up already, so
> this is rather inconvenient.

Git *should* be able to track those changes across a rename and even
with a rename on one branch and changes on another; in my experience it
works well for filename renames, but git doesn't understand directory
renames at all, so new files do have to be moved to their new locations
manually.

> I missed the discussion on this, what's the point of renaming all these
> files?

I know there has been talk about this on and off for a long time (to get
all the arch code into arch/). I don't know if there are any mechanical
reasons for it, on top of that.

-hpa

  Last update: 2008-07-30 20:29    [W:0.064 / U:0.204 seconds]