SubjectRe: b43 locks the machine when resuming after suspend to disk
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Johannes Berg wrote:

> This seems very odd though, Giacomo, are you sure it also happens if you
> unload the module?

yes, absolutely (unfortunately). I can unload the module before suspending,
reload it after resuming, same result; I can actually do any number of
suspend/resumes, unload and reload the modules any number of times,
everything still works until I try to ifconfig up the interface, then it
hangs solid. I also tried old-style suspend to disk, suspend2, user-space
suspend... exactly the same.

I am now compining a kernel with the patch you sent, to see whether this
improves things. I will let you know. By the way, is there a module
debugging option I could use to cause the b43 and/or mac80211 modules to use
lots of printk's, so that I could at least give you a hint as to where the
code hangs?

Thanks, bye
Giacomo

P.S. please CC replies to me, I'm not on the list(s)

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>
OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248 Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916
"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
(Freddy Mercury)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans