SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
On 7/28/08, Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 06:08:33PM -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > I didn't do this to measure statistics, I did it because I was writing
> > a script and the script was getting garbage for input. It just had the
> > side effect of cleaning up the statistics.
>

> Out of curiosity, what is your script trying to do?

I was trying to locate my patches in other private trees that were
ready for deletion. I wanted to make sure there wasn't something good
that I had forgotten about. I processed the output from 'git log' and
got tripped up matching the author field because is was full of junk.
My database background kicked in and I found myself on a tangent
cleaning up the data.

I have since learned about the existence of 'git shortlog' which
solved my problem. But I had already cleaned up the data before
finding it.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com

  Last update: 2008-07-29 00:55    [W:0.197 / U:0.076 seconds]