    SubjectRe: kernel won't boot on a Cyrix MediaGXm (Geode )
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Samuel Sieb <samuel@sieb.net> wrote:
    >
    >>> The only critical tweak I found is the one that changes the
    >>> "Performance Control Incrementer" because its settings depends on the
    >>> CPU's core frequency. Maybe this tweak should be removed, because the
    >>> BIOS (hopefully) set it in a way the hardware supports.
    >> This was the only line that was a problem. See the other branch of
    >> this thread with Juergen Beisert.
    >
    > any patch we should pick up to make your box boot?

    Are you suggesting I should make the patch or you're just asking which
    lines? What I did to make a kernel that boots was to comment out the
    line that calls the incrementor setup function. It sounds like the
    stepping 2 version doesn't have the problem, so if possible could you
    call the function based on it not being a stepping 1 CPU?

      Last update: 2008-07-28 20:03    [W:0.020 / U:0.856 seconds]