SubjectRe: kernel won't boot on a Cyrix MediaGXm (Geode )
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Samuel Sieb <samuel@sieb.net> wrote:
>
>>> The only critical tweak I found is the one that changes the
>>> "Performance Control Incrementer" because its settings depends on the
>>> CPU's core frequency. Maybe this tweak should be removed, because the
>>> BIOS (hopefully) set it in a way the hardware supports.
>> This was the only line that was a problem. See the other branch of
>> this thread with Juergen Beisert.
>
> any patch we should pick up to make your box boot?

Are you suggesting I should make the patch or you're just asking which
lines? What I did to make a kernel that boots was to comment out the
line that calls the incrementor setup function. It sounds like the
stepping 2 version doesn't have the problem, so if possible could you
call the function based on it not being a stepping 1 CPU?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans