SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/08, Simon Arlott <simon@fire.lp0.eu> wrote:
> A later version of this list could separate the valid current
> names/addresses from the entries that are fixing typos or that have
> old emails. That would improve the validation. But I don't have an
> automated way to tell me which alias is the current one. Access to the
> current LKML subscriber list would supply the needed info as to which
> one to pick.

Please dont use LKML subscriptions as the authority of one's preferred
email address.

I, for instance, am *only* subscribed to LKML using my gmail account.
I prefer that nobody ever email my gmail account directly -- I use my
gmail account as a filter -- gmail filters my mails and fwd's specific
mails to my other specific email addresses -- I rarely read gmail
directly, and I am unlikely to ever read an email addressed to my
gmail box.

I favor my "at linuxtv dot org" account for my kernel work, and I hope
that is the email that shows up as primary for me (I would only guess
that I have one or two aliases in this .mailmap file.)

Regards,

Mike

  Last update: 2008-07-28 20:03    [W:0.208 / U:0.224 seconds]