SubjectRe: [Bisected] Regression: Hang on boot in schedule_timeout_interruptible during ACPI init on SMP
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Glauber Costa <gcosta@redhat.com> wrote:
> fine, but if you can still help us on this, it would be awesome ;-)

Oh absolutely! :P I'm not the type to settle on a workaround.

> Actually, there is another nasty bug that depends, at least by a first
> impression, on the lapic timer. I'm planning to save a time today to
> look further on your problem.

Thanks!

> Probably because the order of initialization of smp entities changed a
> bit during this series. Probably the lapic timer is now initialized a
> little bit earlier, before we have the chance to mark it as bad.

I noticed that; but I couldn't find where it was indeed marked as bad.

> If you can send me at least your dmesgs and cpuinfo, it would be really really
> awesome.

Did you get my most recent email? (It was sent to your glommer[at]
address, and CC'd to the kernel list) If you didn't receive it, I'll
forward you the message. It included dmesg of good kernel, dmesg of
bad kernel, cpuinfo, .config, and my disassembled DSDT (which, as a
side project, I'm doing a full-blown reverse engineering of).

Thanks,

Andrew

P.S. I apologize in advance if this email is HTML, I'm at work and I
have to use the gmail web interface, I have it set to "text only", but
you never know.

  Last update: 2008-07-28 18:49    [W:0.116 / U:0.136 seconds]