    SubjectRe: post 2.6.26 requires pciehp_slot_with_bus
    Date
    On Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:39 pm Pierre Ossman wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:38:32 +0900
    >
    > Kenji Kaneshige <kaneshige.kenji@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
    > > Hi Pierre,
    > > (Added linux-pci to CC)
    > >
    > > Pierre Ossman wrote:
    > > > Somewhere post 2.6.26, pciehp started whining about not being able to
    > > > claim the slot and error code -17. It suggested adding
    > > > "pciehp_slot_with_bus", which actually helped. Still, having a kernel
    > > > parameter should just be a temporary fix.
    > >
    > > The "pciehp_slot_with_bus" option is a workaround for the platforms
    > > that assign the same physical slot number to multiple slots. If your
    > > system has PCI chassis and it supports Chassis Number registers,
    > > maybe one of the solution is using chassis number + slot number as a
    > > slot name. But I don't have any idea other than "pciehp_slot_with_bus"
    > > if your system doesn't support chassis number.
    >
    > The what now? :)
    >
    > This is a laptop with a single expressport that worked fine up until
    > this merge window. What changed and why is it no longer possible to
    > support this hardware without a kernel parameter?

    Yeah we're being a bit more careful about registering hotplug slots these
    days. The fact that you got a conflict message indicates that more than one
    driver is trying to bind to that PCIe port and handle hotplug for it. I
    guess acpiphp must already be loaded?

    Jesse

      Last update: 2008-07-24 23:09    [W:0.023 / U:0.860 seconds]