    SubjectRe: [patch 00/26] x64, x2apic/intr-remap: Interrupt-remapping and x2apic support

    * Mike Travis <> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:53:20 +0200
    > > Ingo Molnar <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> For review and testing purposes i've created a new topic branch for
    > >> this: tip/x86/x2apic and have picked up your patches into it.
    > >
    > > This has today turned up in linux-next and I'm having to rework 2.6.27
    > > patches to compensate for it.
    > >
    > > Which means that I now need to wait until this work goes into mainline
    > > before I can merge those patches or I need to undo those fixes, route
    > > around Suresh's changes and then force you to fix the resulting damage.
    > >
    > > What's the score here? Is this stuff going into 2.6.27?
    > Hi Andrew,
    > Jack is out at OLS this week, but yes I believe we're trying to push
    > this into 6.2.27 as that is what the distro's will be basing their
    > distributions on when the new system sees the light of day.

    Note that this is the generic x2apic work from Intel, not the SGI/UV
    specific x2apic stuff. The SGI-specific code is upstream already. (and
    as i understand it was based on an earlier version of the Intel code)

    The Intel x2apic code was submitted before the merge window but was
    indeed pushed to linux-next during the window because that's when its
    integration became fully ready. We'd rather not hold the whole merge
    window and linux-next hostage with not fully ready stuff :-)

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-24 07:09    [W:0.039 / U:45.676 seconds]