SubjectRE: HP (Compaq) Smart Array 5xxx controller SCSI driver

> > As for the patches I mentioned which were previously ignored for
> > improving how the current cciss SCSI code handled hot plogging, if
> > you're curious about that, check here:
> >
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=120213565000426&w=4
> >
> > A change like that becomes more important if logical drives are
> > exposed through the scsi layer.
>
> We need to think about the best way to map (expose) logical
> and physical drivers to SCSI luns. As I wrote before, I'm
> interested in how HP SCSI driver does.

We don't neccesarily want or need to expose the physical disks. The only exception is disks that are not part of a logical volume. If the disks are part of a logical volume but exposed the user may shoot themselves in the foot by destroying the firmware metadata.

-- mikem

  Last update: 2008-07-24 17:03    [W:0.073 / U:0.696 seconds]