SubjectRe: [regression] nf_iterate(), BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 08:11:49AM -0500, Matt Mackall wrote:
> You don't honestly expect people to correctly code to such a standard,
> do you? People will assume that ksize never fails, they will be wrong,
> and computers will die.

If we follow this argument then most of our interfaces would be

> > You're taking
> > away an entire interface just because an underlying implementation
> > that's used by a very small proportion of users doesn't do the
> > right thing.
> Umm, no. There were very few users to being with, so it was actually a
> fairly large proportion. And that suggested the interface was a bad
> idea.

Huh? I'm talking about users of the kernel. A very small proportion
of those use SLOB.

Visit Openswan at
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <>
Home Page: