SubjectRe: [spi-devel-general] [Patch 0/4] IndustrialIO subsystem (ADCs, accelerometers etc)
hat done for the next
>> version (maybe driver specific for now).
> Yes, on a second though, this is a low priority point. If userspace is
> able to know if the hardware has or not freefall detection, it should be
> possible to just implement the software detection in the userspace
> daemon. People might come up with lots of "clever" algorithms for that,
> so it might be better to not do too much in the kernel ;-)
Good point; will leave that one for now.

>> At the moment the big missing element of the subsystem is an easy way of
>> querying what is there. (proc interface similar to that for the input
>> subsystem)
> You mean /sys/class/input/, right? Indeed, something inspired by the
> input subsystem should work well.
No, I meant /proc/bus/input/devices which gives machine readable description
of all devices registered with the input subsystem and their capabilities.

Makes it easier to make userspace code reasonably generic.

--
Jonathan

  Last update: 2008-07-24 14:47    [W:0.090 / U:0.580 seconds]