SubjectRe: PIXIS gpio controller and gpio flags
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 02:12:20PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 02:08:01PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> >> It doesn't look like you have any way to unset the active low flag. What if
> >> I unload the leds-gpio driver (or another gpio user) and then try to use the
> >> gpio with something else? The active low flag is stuck on!
> >
> > Why would you want to unset the flags? It is specified in the device
> > tree, and can't be changed. Specifying different flags for the same GPIO
> > would be an error (plus, Linux forbids shared gpios, so you simply can't
> > specify one gpio for several devices).
>
> You can't use the same gpio for two different things at the same time, but you
> can load a driver, unload it, and then load another.

Hm.. yeah, this might happen. Now I tend to think that transparent
active-low handling wasn't that good idea after all. So, something like
of_gpio_is_active_low(device_node, gpioidx) should be implemented
instead. This function will parse the gpio's = <> flags. Please speak up
if you have any better ideas though.

Thanks for bringing this up,

--
Anton Vorontsov