SubjectRe: [crash] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000370
Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Patrick McHardy wrote:
>> David Miller wrote:
>>> Maybe something like the following should do it?
>>

>> It looks correct in any case. I'm not sure whether it fixes
>> this lockdep warning though, according to the backtrace and
>> module list its b43 and dev_mc_sync in net/mac80211/main.c
>> that are causing the error, which don't seem to be included
>> in your patch. I'm unable to find where it previously
>> initialized the xmit_lock lockdep class though, so I must
>> be missing something :)
>
> This is what I was missing, we're setting a lockdep class
> by default depending on dev->type. This patch combined
> with yours should fix all addr_list_lock warnings.

No cigar yet. I tried davem's patch first, then yours on top of his. I still get
both the recursive locking and the kernel warning.

BTW, wireless doesn't work but if I plug in the wire, then networking is OK. It
seems to be in mac80211, which is strange because I routinely run the latest
wireless-testing kernel, and all the wireless bits should be there already.

I'm still plugging away at the bisection. I think I got away from the kernel
that won't build.

Larry

  Last update: 2008-07-21 23:53    [W:0.175 / U:0.332 seconds]