SubjectRe: dsdt buggy acpi
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:30:11PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:
>
>> Hello; what info is supplied with EFI i.g. I'm using a macbook pro.
>> After looking at:
>> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php I was unable to locate
>> anything with apple, or at least
>> couldn't find the manufacture number.
>> If somebody has already done this, I was wondering if it would be O.K.
>> if I can attached my dsdt.dsl with the errors,
>> and my explanation of what I changed, just so If I did something
>> completely wrong
>
> iasl will complain about code that the Linux interpreter will happily
> accept. If the only reason you've made changes is that iasl complains,
> then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a result.
> Otherwise, work out which changes fix which Linux bugs and file a bug
> at bugzilla.kernel.org against acpi.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

Hello; I modified dsdt because iasl was complaining, As a result like
what you said
"then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a
result" is probably
what I'm seeing. As for a bug report I already have one filed. As to
why I'm messing with
the dsdt, just trying to isolate the problem with the bug I have
already filed., or at least
get a better idea of what is happening. Anyways thanks for the info.
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2008-07-02 19:41    [W:0.466 / U:0.020 seconds]