SubjectRe: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10
Date
Oh holy hell.  Let's get down to brass tacks, folks.  Bugs = bad.  Bugs that
cause my critical systems to crash = worse. Bugs that allow the Croatian mafia
to get credit cards in the names of 300,000 of my customers = catastrophic and
incredibly costly.

Anyone remember Maslow's hierarchy of human needs? It's kind of like that.

Let's fix all the bugs we can and give kudos to the people who do. Let's just
try to fix the worst ones first if at all possible.

Linus, I have nothing but the greatest respect for what you started and the
community caused to flourish. Yes, the security guys deserve kudos for fixing
the kinds of bugs the Microsoft hides. The folks that fix the bugs that cause
random, frustrating crashes deserve kudos too but in the long run they're never
going to be on CNN. If we wanted to be famous we'd date Britney Spears.

Warmest regards,
Phil Pell, PMP, CISSP, EIEIO
Chief Information Security Officer
Butler College

  Last update: 2008-07-17 06:55    [W:0.105 / U:1.348 seconds]