SubjectRe: Please pull ACPI updates

> It means that a person who ran my tree as of yesterday,

Ok I understand this applies to your tree because you have lots of direct users.
And also people tend to only submit patches to you which are relatively
well tested already and don't really do "raw development" in your tree.

But for people lower down the food chain that's not necessarily the
case. They usually only get some testing through -mm/linux-next
and perhaps occasionally for individual patches posted to verify
bugs. They tend to not have many people directly pulling their stuff
(and if it's someone it is some downstream developer who typically can deal
with an occasional rebase)

Anyways if you prefer I can send to you the raw development history
(with all reverts, fixups, non bisectable section etc.), but I suspect
you wouldn't really be very happy with that.

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans