    SubjectRe: Please pull ACPI updates
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Andi Kleen wrote:
    >> The whole point of the exercise of cleaning up/rewriting the history is to make
    >> the tree as bisectable as possible.
    >
    > No.
    >
    > "git bisect" is perfetly able to handle merges. They are _fine_.

    The issue I worry about is it hitting between changes and their fixup.

    e.g. for example if I find that specific change doesn't compile in some special
    configuration then I amend it to fix that. Alternatively I could put in a fixup
    commit afterwards, but then if someone did bisect and the bisect hit inbetween
    the change and the fixup they might end up with a tree that doesn't compile.

    -Andi