    SubjectRe: The state of linux security
    > the relative security of linux and the likely hood that smart people
    > are able to cause a bit of mindless vandalism or get up to much worse.

    Distributions assign CVE numbers to kernel vulnerabilities. As
    distributions like Fedora ship current kernels they provide a pretty
    complete summary.

    > One more thing I'd like to throw out there on the issue of
    > accountability is this: How do I know that some developers have not
    > been paid to specifically introduce some obscure security flaw?

    Wrong question. Thats a very naïve basis for thinking about security. Why
    should end users care whether a flaw was added deliberately or by
    mistake. What matters is that the flaw is identified. A passive attacker
    observing a flaw and using it is at least as dangerous if not more so
    than an active attacker.

    Alan