SubjectRe: Please pull ACPI updates

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> > Andi did not. The whole series I pulled was rebased today at 2PM.
> Ugg, when Andi took over we talked about it; I thought we had agreed that he
> would stick with Len's tree. I guess I was wrong.

Well, I haven't actually seen Len's original tree, so maybe the stuff Andi
pushed was just the stuff he had queued up independently. I guess I
shouldn't judge before I'm sure.

> Is a topic branch flow like what Len uses documented somewhere that you know
> of? I know my process could use some improvement; I'd rather not have to
> wait for Len to come back to ask him. :)

Len wrote it up at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember

He's not the onyl one to ask, though - Ingo and Thomas seem to have picked
up topic branches pretty well (I had some issues with a couple of the
topics, but they weren't fundamental and the major one was probably
because Ingo tried a bit too hard to make sure that I never saw any
conflicts at all).

Other topic branch users include Jeff Garzik and rmk. There's definitely
people around who should be able to talk about what they are doing.