SubjectRe: Toshiba - Documentation for Linux Developers
Hi,

both Toshiba types (original and compal-oem machines) are basically
unsupported for Linux.

The omnibook-module for compal-systems was maintained outside the kernel
and stalled for some time now.

The toshiba_acpi included in the kernel is outdated (there is a newer
release, that fixes some bugs). Toshiba_acpi does only work on 32 bit
systems, it breaks on 64 bit systems.

If anyone is interested in some hacking I can provide shell-access to
both types of machines.

For some Tecra machines, Toshiba has provided some Vista-compatible
BIOSes, they seem to enhance acpi-stuff for Linux too. So you might look
for a bios-update.

cu romal

www.romal.de
blog.romal.de