    SubjectRe: [GIT *] Allow request_firmware() to be satisfied from in-kernel, use it in more drivers.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > IMO the newly added /inability/ to build firmware into kernel modules is a
    > clear regression.

    IMO you're being stupid.

    How about explainign why it makes any difference what-so-ever?

    If you can load the module, you can load the firmware. Claiming anything
    else is just _stupid_.

    And if you cannot see the advantage of having _one_ interface to firmware
    what to say.

    The fact that some people have been confused and apparently blathered
    about memory savings is totally immaterial. Ignore the stupid people.

    Linus

      Last update: 2008-07-15 04:15    [W:3.185 / U:0.056 seconds]