    SubjectRe: [git pull] core/softirq for v2.6.27

    * Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > >
    > > /me suggests git-log-addendum feature to amend commit logs after the
    > > fact, without changing any of the code :-)
    > It's called "git commit --amend".

    yeah - and i use that for general development meanwhile: i just
    commit the draft code in small steps (appending it to the commit via
    git commit --amend), then i test it and amend it with a final commit
    log in the end.

    I use that method instead of doing development via uncommitted changes
    in the git index, because that way:

    - I see the under-development change in a form close to how other
    people see it (as a commit)

    - I can switch branches during development

    - It's sure that changes are not lost

    - I can distribute my half-done commits to my testboxes (internally i
    use a hierarchy of Git repos on testboxes to automatically propagate

    Once it's pushed out publicly into a persistent branch it cannot be
    touched anymore.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-14 20:25    [W:0.022 / U:5.648 seconds]