SubjectRe: [Suspend-devel] TAP (and TUN?) devices not working after resume
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
> On Monday, 14 of July 2008, James Le Cuirot wrote:
>> uswsusp works great on my machine except for one thing. I use a TAP
>> device for QEMU and after resuming from suspend, it doesn't work
>> anymore until I delete it and recreate it. This is rather annoying
>> because if I have QEMU open, it means I have to close it before
>> recreating the interface and then boot Windows up again. I use OpenVPN
>> to create/delete the interface but I think that's all it does. The rest
>> is done by the kernel. So I'm guessing something's up with the TUN/TAP
>> driver or uswsusp itself. I'm using version 0.8. Sorry if this has
>> already been fixed.
>
> This is a kernel problem, adding kernel-related CCs.

Oh, hmm. I noticed this about a year ago after a kernel upgrade, and
threw the below into /etc/acpi/resume.d/91-openvpn.sh to fix the issue
on resume. It was supposed to be temporary until I could track down
whether this was a kernel issue or whatnot, but then I sorta, uhm,
forgot to report it. But yeah, I see the same issue -- after resume,
the TUN device has disappeared, and openvpn needs to be told to close
and reopen for it to work again.

#!/bin/sh
# poke openvpn to rebuild the tunnel
if pidof openvpn > /dev/null; then
killall -SIGHUP openvpn
fi

  Last update: 2008-07-14 18:33    [W:0.047 / U:1.112 seconds]