SubjectRe: [patch 13/17] Use WARN() in drivers/base/
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:11:10 -0700
Andrew Morton <> wrote:

> I don't suppose there's any way of tricking the preprocessor into
> supporting
> WARN_ON(foo == 42);
> as well as
> WARN_ON(foo == 42, "bite me!");

after reading preprocessor docs from gcc and trying some things:
We can do this. It comes at a price: the price is a blank line in the
WARN trace for the "no printk comments" case, and we lose the ability
to override the printk level. (which you can argue is a feature by just
setting it to KERN_WARNING).

(and some interesting but otherwise non-harmful preprocessor stuff in

Is this is price worth paying to not have a second macro?

If you want to reach me at my work email, use