    SubjectRe: [patch 13/17] Use WARN() in drivers/base/
    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:11:10 -0700
    Andrew Morton <> wrote:

    > I don't suppose there's any way of tricking the preprocessor into
    > supporting
    > WARN_ON(foo == 42);
    > as well as
    > WARN_ON(foo == 42, "bite me!");

    after reading preprocessor docs from gcc and trying some things:
    We can do this. It comes at a price: the price is a blank line in the
    WARN trace for the "no printk comments" case, and we lose the ability
    to override the printk level. (which you can argue is a feature by just
    setting it to KERN_WARNING).

    (and some interesting but otherwise non-harmful preprocessor stuff in

    Is this is price worth paying to not have a second macro?

    If you want to reach me at my work email, use

      Last update: 2008-07-12 00:53    [W:0.019 / U:4.860 seconds]