    SubjectMultiple MSI, take 3

    I'd like to thank Michael Ellerman for his feedback. This is a much
    better patchset than it used to be.

    Changes since the previous patchset:
    - Dumped the variable renaming as it made the patchset harder to read.
    - Moved the addition of the 'multiple' field from the first patch to the
    second.
    - Changed the calling convention of arch_teardown_msi_irqs back to
    upstream.
    - Fix the docbook for pci_enable_msi_block
    - Limit powerpc's MSI allocation to 1 in arch_msi_check_device, not
    arch_setup_msi_irqs
    - Rewrote AHCI interrupt claiming code to handle failures better and to
    claim fewer interrupts if possible.

    Outstanding things I'd like reviewed:
    - The x86-64 patch has received no comments so far.
    - The AHCI patch needs to be re-reviewed. Sorry, Jeff. It's a bit
    more complex than I'd like, but I don't see a clearer way to write
    it, given the nasty behaviour that the AHCI spec permits.
    - I've just added the MSI-HOWTO patch to this set. New reviewers are
    welcome.

    Patchset available as a git tree from:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/willy/misc.git multiple-msi
    (multiple-msi-20080710 is this patch set in particular)

    Patches will be sent in reply to this message.

    a retrograde step."

      Last update: 2008-07-11 02:59    [W:0.018 / U:122.796 seconds]