SubjectRe: Longstanding bug in ac97/intel8x0 resume/init
Date
Hi,

Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> writes:

> At 30 Jun 2008 20:58:03 +0200,
> Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer wrote:
>>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> hannes@saeurebad.de (Johannes Weiner) writes:
>>
>> I've got the same exact issue on a Thinkpad T30:
>>
>> 0 [I82801CAICH3 ]: ICH - Intel 82801CA-ICH3
>> Intel 82801CA-ICH3 with AD1881A at irq 5
>>
>> 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
>
> Does this happen for both hibernation and S2RAM?
> And, resetting the mixer repairs the mute state, right?
> If yes, the problem appears independently from the codec chip. Hmm...

Yes, happens in both cases here.

The alsamixer shows the state of the channels before the suspension(!).
If I change the channel state, the sound works again. No complete reset
needed at all, I just have to increase/decrease the value a bit (for
each affected channel).

From my experiments with the code, I figured that the cached register
values are not written back properly on resume. The cache is in the
correct state but the hardware is not. This also explains the behaviour
when changing the channels with alsamixer; the register cache is touched
and written back (and this time, the value really gets through to the
hardware).

Hannes

  Last update: 2008-07-01 16:41    [W:0.054 / U:0.108 seconds]