SubjectRe: mainlining min-configs...

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 18:37 -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Friday 06 June 2008 18:47:47 Tim Bird wrote:
> >> At a minimum, it would be nice to have a few nice examples
> >> of really, really small configs for things like qemus for different
> >> architectures (just to give embedded developers who are working
> >> on size a starting point).
> >
> > That's more or less what I'm trying to do with my Firmware Linux project:
> > creating cross compilers and minimal native build environments for every qemu
> > target.
>
> Any chance of getting your minimal configs from Firmware Linux mainlined?

allnoconfig? ;-)

> Does anyone else think this would be valuable? If not in mainline, it
> would be nice to collect them somewhere, to compare what options different
> developers decide turn on or off.

Seriously though I maintain a bunch of AVR32 minimal configs. I keep
them as a smallest-working-config baseline to build on; I'm sure others
would get value from having easy access to that kind of thing.

IMO It'd be nice to wire them to an automagic bloat-o-meter as well, but
I suspect no-one would really take notice anyway.

--Ben.

  Last update: 2008-06-10 05:17    [W:0.473 / U:0.108 seconds]