    SubjectRe: Inquiry: Should we remove "isolcpus= kernel boot option? (may have realtime uses)
    [ sorry if this is going OT ]

    Hi,

    > Furthermore, cpusets allow for isolated but load-balanced RT domains. We
    > now have a reasonably strong RT balancer, and I'm looking at implementing
    > a full partitioned EDF scheduler somewhere in the future.

    I'm working on a partitioned EDF scheduler right now, and I have to
    face several issues, starting from the interface to use to expose the
    EDF scheduler to userspace, and the integration with the existing
    sched_rt policy.

    By now I'm experimenting with an additional sched_class that implements
    a SCHED_EDF policy, extending the POSIX struct sched_param with the
    EDF parameters of the task, do you see any better way to do that?
    Could that approach be reasonable?

    Michael