SubjectRe: math-emu issue with fp divide
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Kumar Gala wrote:

> I'm trying to move the powerpc math-emu
> code to use the include/math-emu bits.

I'd like to remind people that the include/math-emu code is based on an
old, buggy version of the soft-fp code in glibc. RTH previously noted
<http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2006-02/msg00075.html> that the fixes
should go in the kernel, when approving a patch of mine fixing various
bugs and speeding up soft-fp, and several more bugs have been fixed since
then in the course of GCC work on soft-float for Power and __float128
support for x86_64.

So it may be better than the old code you're replacing, but it might still
be a good idea to merge things with the current glibc code, as a matter of
both correctness and performance. (And there may well still be bugs left
in the code.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

  Last update: 2008-06-04 23:53    [W:0.072 / U:0.392 seconds]