SubjectRe: Inquiry: Should we remove "isolcpus= kernel boot option? (may have realtime uses)
Paul Jackson wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>> What is an abonination, is that cpusets are equired for this type of
>> isolation to begin with, even on a 2 processor machine.
>
> Just to be sure I'm following you here, you stating that you
> want to be able to manipulate the isolated cpu map at runtime,
> not just with the boot option isolcpus, right?
> Where this
> isolated cpu map works just fine even on systems which do
> not have cpusets configured, right?

Yes to both questions. However after reading Max and Peter's response, I
guess there is another, probably better or _only_, way to get what I really
need anyway so please don't consider my intrusion into this thread as a NAK.

I do not rely on this option as it is implemented.

Regards
Mark

  Last update: 2008-06-04 23:13    [W:0.139 / U:2.880 seconds]