SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for JUNE 2008
Subrata Modak wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
> JUNE 2008. The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests
> for the Linux OS and can be found at
> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/.
> Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
> IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.
>

> JUNE 2008 Highlights:
>
> * Addition of timerfd(), utimensat(), gettid() & io_cancel() tests,
> * Addition of CPU & MEMORY HOTPLUG tests,
> * Addition of Process Event Connector tests,
> * Addition of Hackbench test,
> * RT tests fix for START_LATENCY,
> * FS_BIND fix for ia64 & for kernels below 2.6.15,
> * SE-Linux fix to build against the latest refpolicy headers,
> * Concurrency Fixes for some tests.
>

> JUNE 2008 LTP Contributors:
>
> * Masatake YAMATO,
> * Davide Libenzi,
> * Rusty Russell,
> * Michael Kerrisk,
> * Bryce Harrington,
> * Stephen Smalley,
> * Renaud Lottiaux,
> * Vernon Mauery,
> * Louis Rilling,
> * Li Zefan,
> * Roy Lee,
> * Andrew Vagin,
> * Veerendra Chandrappa,
> * Le Rouzic,
> * Garrett Cooper,
> * Giuseppe Cavallaro,
> * Carmelo Amoroso,
> * Chirag Jog,
> * Max Stirling,
> * Shi Weihua,
> * Matthieu Fertré,
> * Matt Fleming,
>

> Note(s) from the Maintainer:
>
> June 2008 saw the initiation of Project collaboration. Thanks to
> Masatake Yamato, who will help in porting a significant amount of
> syscall test cases from the Crackerjack Project to LTP. I am also
> excited to see that new test cases are being submitted to LTP with
> increasing pace. I hope that the pace accelerates much much more. The
> next half of 2008 will also see some major Infrastructural improvements
> in LTP along with our unending endeavor to add more test cases. From now
> onwards i would also like to acknowledge each and every contributor in
> this release mail for their valuable contribution(s). I will release
> results on 2 diff. kernels(one a bit old and another a bit younger) on
> same architecture and for those architectures available at my disposal.
> This will help us to compare results for 2 extreme kernels.
>

> Our web site also contains other information such as:
> - A Linux test tools matrix
> - Technical papers
> - How To's on Linux testing
> - Code coverage analysis tool.
>
> We would encourage the community to post results to
> ltp-results@lists.sf.net,
> patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list@lists.sf.net,
> [...]

Hi,

I decided to give this LTP release a try on my workstation, and there
were quite a few test failures. Is that expected? I expect that some
of the failures are probably related to kernel features I have turned
off (I try to get rid of stuff I don't need where possible).

If the failures are not expected, what should I do? Would the log file
be of any help? Are there any extra options I should supply? I just ran:

./runltp -p -l result.yyyymmdd.log

If failures are expected on some systems or with some kernel
configuration options, then let me know, and perhaps I can diff log
files between kernel versions to look for new failures.

Thanks,

--
Kevin Winchester