SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Current List of Kernel Summit suggested topics from the discuss list
Jesse Barnes wrote:
> If we measure quality using bug metrics, things are pretty hard.

One problem with any metric is that the metric becomes a driving factor
in itself. Consider the whole whitespace issue, for example.

As far as the whitespace issue is concerned, we may want to consider
just setting a flag day -- probably immediately before an -rc1 release
-- and just run "cleanfile" on the whole tree. In-flux patches are
still appliable with "patch -l", and by now we should have enough tools
to avoid adding new whitespace problems, so we can just kill this issue
once and for all.

-hpa

  Last update: 2008-06-27 20:15    [W:0.073 / U:0.780 seconds]