    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Current List of Kernel Summit suggested topics from the discuss list
    Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > If we measure quality using bug metrics, things are pretty hard.

    One problem with any metric is that the metric becomes a driving factor
    in itself. Consider the whole whitespace issue, for example.

    As far as the whitespace issue is concerned, we may want to consider
    just setting a flag day -- probably immediately before an -rc1 release
    -- and just run "cleanfile" on the whole tree. In-flux patches are
    still appliable with "patch -l", and by now we should have enough tools
    to avoid adding new whitespace problems, so we can just kill this issue
    once and for all.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-27 20:15    [W:0.021 / U:9.276 seconds]